Monday, March 1, 2010

Evelynn's Birthday Cake



A friend of mine wanted to throw her little daughter a very special birthday party in turning one year old. The only thing she specified was to have a two tier cake with some sort of chocolate and vanilla flavor within. I was very excited when she entrusted me to freelance on her daughters birthday cake! =)

The decorating part took me about one day to do and the ribbon on top was made a day ahead to let it dry properly. It is a Chocolate and Vanilla layered vanilla cake with classic butter cream. It is covered with fondant and decorated with royal icing. The letters on the cake is rolled out with a wood textured look. The Flowers and the bow on the top tier are made with gum paste.

Seeing her happy reaction when I dropped it off really made my day. She loved the cake and told me that there were a lot of great comments on it. People said that the cake was moist and tasty as well. Whew! This cake is probably my most favorite project overall =)